Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Not applicable

spam monitoring on different port

Hi room, Can i have antispam to monitor SMTP traffic except port25? for example 27? since i' ve got SMTP sever running on 27 TCP?,does FG support antispam on this port? if so,how? Best, Kamyar
4 REPLIES 4
abelio
Valued Contributor

Can I have antispam to monitor SMTP traffic except port25? for example 27? since i' ve got SMTP sever running on 27 TCP?,does FG support antispam on this port?
Hi, unless you are a victim of very directed spam attack sent to you through port 27 using SMTP protocol, no one spammer send mail to you by port 27; so it seems unnecessary. AS features are not tied to ' port 25' , just to protection profiles; nevertheless AV may be adjusted to scan another non standard ports. regards,

regards

/ Abel

regards / Abel
Oval
New Contributor

Sorry, i have found this old post that match my problem... :) In witch way, on Fortgate 100 a (with 2.0 mr 4 b 483) i can tell to the Antispam system to scan also an non standard port? I have try to find something in the manual and cli, but nothing about it. Thanks! Regards.
abelio
Valued Contributor

Hi, as you can see in my earlier post, there' s no relation between AS service and a port. AS service is tied to a protection profile. Do you receive mail through an non-standard port? And if so, do you really receive spam mail throughout this non-standard port? Really your talking about antispam services? or scan for viruses in another ports?

regards

/ Abel

regards / Abel
Oval
New Contributor

YES, I REALLY receive a spam on an SMTP-non standard port.. For mobile-user reason, that use 3G connection, i have need to open on fortigate (and on mail server of course) another smtp port, this is because some mobile operators block any connecttion to smtp port that is not directt to his internal smtp server, so, as workaround, i have open the secondary-semi-official smtp port, for one years and half it works perfect.... but from about 3 weeks i received spam on that port!.. :( As experiment, i have try to add this seconadry port in the SMTP entry of IPS protocol decoder, but without any improvement, because the protocol decoder in IPS is not used/related with AntiSpam service, so i don' t know how to solve the problem.... Thanks Regards
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors