Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
sheshman
New Contributor II

self hosting stopped working after switching to 30E

Hi,

I'm hosting my websites on ispconfig3 server from my home, i was using pfsense as gateway and 2 days ago i've switched to 30E (Unlicenced), so forwarded necessary ports to my ispconfig3 server but my websites are not reachable, when i plug my old pfsense it works but when i switch to fortigate it stops working. 

Checked ports over and over again through ping.eu it seems like all ports (specially 53 dns port) are open and reachable from outer world but when i check A record through https://dnschecker.org/#A/fscdepo.com (it's one of my domains runs on my server) it's  not reachable.

Any ideas ?

Screenshot_2.png

Screenshot_3.png

12 REPLIES 12
sw2090
Honored Contributor

you coud also use the flow debug on cli to see if there is any incoming traffic there:

diag debug enable

diag debug flow filter clear

diag debug flow filter saddr=<ip>  (for source address)

or/and

diag debug flow filter daddr=<ip> (for destination address)

diag debung flow trace start <numberofpacketstotrace>

Then cli will show you if the traffic reaches the FGT and which policy it hits and what happens to it.

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
sheshman
New Contributor II

thanks for the tip, by the way can i use this method for another problem? For example can i use those commands to find out why i can't ping computers on SSLVPN from a specific computer?

Debbie_FTNT

You certainly can - that set of debug commands simply shows what FortiGate does with the traffic (accepting it, routing check, policy matching). The commands can at least help rule out the FortiGate as a cause of traffic issues.

We have a more detailed document:
https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortigate/6.2.3/cookbook/54688/debugging-the-packet-flow

+++ Divide by Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe and Reboot +++
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors