Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
yas13899
New Contributor II

sd-wan and non sd-wan interfaces together

Hello...

I used to have one WAN line that handles all the traffic to outside...

Recently I added another 2 lines which I combined as an SD-wan interface, and when trying to configure static route I got the message:

"you cannot have duplicate routes on SD-wan and non SD-wan interfaces"

I need to keep the first WAN interface separated and don't combine it with the other two inside the SD-wan interface...

What should I do to accomplish this ??

Thank you

1 Solution
akristof
Staff
Staff

Hello,

Thank you for your question. You have couple of options.

- If you are running more recent version of FOS, you can divide these interfaces into 2 different SDWAN zones. And use these zones when you are addressing them in routes or firewall policies

- In static route, do not use SDWAN interface, but specific interface. Then you will be able to create default route via any interface you want, even the ones that are not part of SDWAN configuration.

Adrian

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
akristof
Staff
Staff

Hello,

Thank you for your question. You have couple of options.

- If you are running more recent version of FOS, you can divide these interfaces into 2 different SDWAN zones. And use these zones when you are addressing them in routes or firewall policies

- In static route, do not use SDWAN interface, but specific interface. Then you will be able to create default route via any interface you want, even the ones that are not part of SDWAN configuration.

Adrian
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors