Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
dan
Contributor

"Live" cluster status in CLI?

I am playing around with a GNS3 setup with two Fortigates in a cluster. 

Is there a CLI command that would similar to 

diag sys top

show me similar output  like

get syst ha status

...but in a "live" view? 

On linux, I would do

watch "get syst ha status"...

Is there something that would show me the cluster status in a live view?

The HA Status widget in the GUI does not help much because I loose the session as soon as the Fortigate Cluster switches...

Dan

1 Solution
akristof

Hi,

Hatalk will give you information related to HA election, priority, etc. Hasync will show you info related to configuration sync. Other than these 2 debugs there is no live output.

Adrian

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
akristof
Staff
Staff

Hello,

Thank you for your question. I am not entirely sure, what you mean by "live" ha view.

You have hatalk and hasync debugs to see what is going related to cluster and to configuration sync. If you want to run this on both devices at the same and have it when the cluster will failover, only option is to configure HA mgmt interface:

https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Technical-Tip-HA-Reserved-Management-Interface/ta-p/1901...

This will give you option to assign unique IP address to each member of cluster and connect to it directly. And then you can use any debugs on this session when failover will happen as this connection will not break during switch.

Adrian
dan

I was thinking about the output of "gest sys ha status", but kind of keeping it updated on screen like "diag sys top".

Anyway, I will play with different debug levels to hatall and hasync.

If I only knew what the debug levels are... -1 is just too talkative..

Thanks

Dan

akristof

Hi,

Hatalk will give you information related to HA election, priority, etc. Hasync will show you info related to configuration sync. Other than these 2 debugs there is no live output.

Adrian
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors