Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Ju
New Contributor

"FortiClient Logging daemon - FCDBLog.exe" high CPU and RAM

FortiClient and its "FortiClient Logging daemon - FCDBLog.exe" process is permanently at high CPU (minimum 12% or 13% CPU, but up to 25%) and it uses up to 6 GB of RAM !!!!

Even if I shutdown forticlient, this process stays pending there, and consuming this CPU and RAM !!!

I tried to lower the log level to minimal (Alert or Emergency), but this does not change anything !!!

I just need a VPN client, I do not need a thread vulnerability scan or a logger or anything !!!

What can I do to get rid of this process (except from "uninstalling" this product, which is imposed to me by a customer) ??

Thank you,

Ju.

PS : This is maybe occuring because I have a new PC ?

9 REPLIES 9
Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

I don't know what the process does but to disable local logging, you can go to Settings and uncheck all features for logging like VPN, Update, Vulnerability Scan, Telemetry if they're enabled.

But I think it's rather because of the FC version than PC version.

ck_FTNT

Hi Ju,

You did not specify which version you are on, however there is a known issue which was resolved in FortiClient 6.0.4.

Please see the 6.0.4 release notes Resolved Issues section (https://docs.fortinet.com/d/forticlient-6.0.4-windows-release-notes) page 14:

"522496 FCDBLog.exe keeps crashing."

Regards

Ju
New Contributor

Hi,

Thanks for that answer !

I am on the only version I found online on https://forticlient.com/downloads

Version 6.0.0 for Windows.

=> Where could I found the 6.0.4 version ???

Regards,

Ju

Ju
New Contributor

Hi,

Thanks for that answer !

I am on the only version I found online on https://forticlient.com/downloads

Version 6.0.0 for Windows.

=> Where could I found the 6.0.4 version ???

Regards,

Ju

Ju
New Contributor

Woops...

Checking version, I noticed that I am already on 6.0.4.0182 (for windows).

=> The problem does not seem solved...

omerlin98000

Hi all

Same problem here, only one of our PC have the problem (my W10 PC).

The problem appeared with 6.0.3 to 6.0.4 upgrade, and is still present after 6.0.5 upgrade and full uninstall (FC Tools) and reinstall. As 5 other PCs didn't show the same problem, the opened ticket has been closed after many investigations, and the conclusion that this is specific to my Windows :(

Yesterday, upgrade of a Windows 2016 server from 6.0.3 to 6.0.5 leads to the same problem.

So for me, the problem is still here and I will have to reopen a ticket...

michael_gauthier

Hello,

We are facing same issue, we were on 6.0.4.

We tried with 6.0.6 but same problem.

Did you re-open a ticket and did you have any answer?

Thank you.

Network administrator
Network administrator
merlinus98

Hello

Only two PCs on eighteen experienced the problem (mine and another one a few months later).

I have even upgraded to 6.0.8 without success BUT… when we upgraded our Windows 10 1803 to 1909, the problem disappeared!

Should have been a problem within Windows, but the support was unable to reproduce/understand why; they stated about software incompatibility with MalwareBytes, but that wasn't.

Good luck 

SAM-DXB
New Contributor

in the  Task Manager you can select the process and choose Efficiency mode as it seems working with me

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors