Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Network_Engineer
New Contributor III

"Custom 1 " and "Custom 2" Inside DNS and Antivirus Web Filter

I realized that there is a custom 1 and custom 2 setting inside my DNS and Antivrus web filter.

Where can I find more info about this and can I edit the settings?  

1 Solution
jintrah_FTNT

Hi,

It is fine to mix and match required categories custom1 and/or custom2 and/or static url filter. Url filter would be first checked against FortiGuard/Custom categories.

best regards,

Jin

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jintrah_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hi,

These settings are mainly used to override a url from FortiGuard defined category. Please check the local or custom categories section here https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortigate/6.0.0/handbook/7204/overriding-fortiguard-website-categ...

Best regards,

Jin

Network_Engineer

Hi,

" If your FortiGate is operating with flow-based inspection and the policy-based NGFW mode, then you will not see the Edit Web Filter profile page."

In that case, how am I supposed to see the custom policies? 

jintrah_FTNT

Hello,

Why it should worry you because you were seeking info on custom1 and custom2 options which are available to you now.

best regards,

Jin

Network_Engineer

What happens if I enable custom1 and custom2 at the same time?

Or if I enable custom1 and static url at the same time? 

jintrah_FTNT

Hi,

It is fine to mix and match required categories custom1 and/or custom2 and/or static url filter. Url filter would be first checked against FortiGuard/Custom categories.

best regards,

Jin

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors