Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
mboisset
New Contributor

no Web access when connected to Forticlient

Hello,

One of my users can't have access to websites when his forticlient is connected. He gets normal access to resources under the VPN but no access to external websites. All other users have normal access to both.

What coud be the problem ?

2 REPLIES 2
dfish85
New Contributor II

Which version are you running and are you doing web filtering?  I have seen similar issues sporadically on 6.4.6-7 and believe it's related to bug id 657715 - FortiProxy fails to start.

Debbie_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hey mboisset,

usually when VPN and proper access is working for all users, and VPN is working but access is limited for one/a few users, I would suspect that the users for some reason do not match the policies the unaffected users match.

Can you verify what groups the unaffected users belong to vs the affected user? Also check the user is associated with the correct SSLVPN portal, and has an IP in the correct SSLVPN tunnel IP range?

You could also have the affected user check their routing table (route print in Windows CMD, for example) to ensure a default route via VPN is in place.

I wouldn't outright suspect an issue with a process or policies in general, as then I would expect all users to be impacted, not just one.

Hope this helps!

+++ Divide by Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe and Reboot +++
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors