Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
saharawolf
New Contributor

nagios check on F110C V5 p4 ?

Hello, I have upgraded my fortigate 110 C to V5 P4 and it' s no more monitored by my nagios Server. I used to check it with the command " ./check_snmp_centron_trrafic -H x.x.x.x -C public -s" that list all the firewall interfaces. Now the command doesn' t return anything but an error " No response from remote host" . I have configured snmp community and autorized servers on the Fortigate. i have other firewalls running the same firmware version and are monitored by the same server. Is it an issue with the 110C ? Can you help me solve the problem? Thank you
1 REPLY 1
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

Ouch Maybe a problem with 5.0v p4 disabling snmp, Can you check snmp status? It enable must be enable for the SNMPv3 user and/or community entry set status enable fwiw: if you have the allowaccess and the status enabled, you have to do a diag app and monitor the output for clues. e.g diag debug application snmpd 255 and then enable the output; diag debug enable Don' t for get to reset when done; diag debug reset diag debug disable Look for any error like this, when your nagios3 polls; snmpd: updating intf idx mapping snmpd: <msg> 128 bytes 1.22.xx.7:33236 -> 1.21.13.5/1.21.13.5:161 (itf 3.3) snmpd: snmp_usm_recv_parse(605): Message authentication or checking failed! user=nmsnagios errno=-44 snmpd: _snmp_v3_recv(): v3 recv parse failed. errno=-44 (USM authentication failure) snmpd: </msg> 0 That' s from my nagios3 checker btw. If you don' t see ANY polls, than you have a nagio problem, upstream filter or something else. Since your using communities ( very bad imho ), than make sure no whitespace or errors such as typos. You can tcpdump/tshark and see the string ( this is why it' s bad ) , worst case re-type the community strings if in doubt. fwiw: I had a FortiOS corrupt my string in the past, and had to re-key a few units.

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors