Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
marypoppins
New Contributor II

mgmt port gw

Dear All,

On my fortigate I have a mgmt interface with ip 10.10.0.1/24 in vlan10, which is also the reserved HA management interface and here in HA there is a gateway for this: 10.10.0.254.  If I work from the ip 192.168.0.50 and administer the HA cluster from this ip, and I add a static route for this 192.168.0.0/24 subnet via 10.20.0.254 in vlan20 then is it right that:

a) local management traffic from 192.168.0.50 to the mgmt interface remains undisturbed and flow backwards via the HA gateway 10.10.0.254)?

b) while all forwarded traffice whic is not local to the mgmt interface and has ip destination in the 192.168.0.0/24 subnet will be change and use the new 10.20.0.254 gateway in vlan20 ? thank you very much

2 REPLIES 2
Benoit_Rech_FTNT

Hello,

you can check the routing table using 'get router info routing-table all' and then confirm your assumptions.

If you are not sure, copy/paste the output of the commands in the thread.

Best regards Benoit

marypoppins

I don't want to try it in a production environment.

The routing table doesn't include any info about the gateway included in the HA section. Also I can not find it in any policy routing. I'm not sure when it is used and why not shown in the routing table, but I feel it is only for management interface local traffic (so traffic originated from the management interface with its ip address as a source ip, maybe).

Can somebody tell give me little explanation?

thank you for answering me

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors