Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
mercy_angel
New Contributor

is it secure to open this ports

Look at this list https://www.hikvision.com/content/dam/hikvision/en/support/download/vms/ivms-5200-mobile-/ports-list...

This is surveillance system hikvision. Is this secure to open so much ports? Any experience from someone?

1 Solution
j_a_m_e_s
New Contributor III

It's difficult for us to answer without knowing whether the server and client are separated via the internet or an internal LAN. I'm no expert in Hikvision, but you may not need to open the full table, depending on which products/features your environment uses. Presumably you would also know the specific IP addresses of the servers and clients rather than opening a wide address range.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SecurityPlus
Contributor II

At a minimum I would put the camera network on its own vlan, isolated from the rest of the network.
j_a_m_e_s
New Contributor III

It's difficult for us to answer without knowing whether the server and client are separated via the internet or an internal LAN. I'm no expert in Hikvision, but you may not need to open the full table, depending on which products/features your environment uses. Presumably you would also know the specific IP addresses of the servers and clients rather than opening a wide address range.

ac1
Contributor II

I wouldn't open the ports to the internet. The best thing it's to create a VPN SSL for the clients that connect to the server for view the cam or the NVR.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors