Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
HISEC
New Contributor

fortiweb manual updata cli

hi guys,
is there any one who know how to update fortiweb signature and antivirus databases manually using cli?
this is a common process in fortigate devices. for example we can use following command to update av database in cli:
"execute restore av tftp av-package-file-name  tftp-ip "
I need such a similiar command in fortiweb devices.
best regards.

hisec
hisec
5 REPLIES 5
abelio
Valued Contributor

Hello Hisec

Same command as Fortigates:      exec update-now

check CLI reference guide at https://docs.fortinet.com/product/fortiweb/6.4

regards

/ Abel

regards / Abel
HISEC
New Contributor

Hello abelio

the command you mentioned is not suitable for my case. because my fortiweb is in an isolated segment in my network and no internet access and no fortiguard subscription. so i can not run command exec update-now. i download the update files from my account and i need to manually apply them to my fortiweb. 

the command i said, "execute restore av tftp av-package-file-name  tftp-ip " in the first post is for my suitation but its a fortigate command not fortiweb. i need such this command that work in fortiweb devices.

regards.

hisec
hisec
abelio
Valued Contributor

@HISEC wrote:

because my fortiweb is in an isolated segment in my network and no internet access and no fortiguard subscription.

regards.

Hi Hisec
without an active fortiguard services subscription you have nothing to update, be fortiweb internet isolated or not

regards

/ Abel

regards / Abel
HISEC
New Contributor

its not true. you can update your fortiweb device without service subscription. see this image. 

1.png

see the blue circle. so i can update its databases manually from GUI with my downloaded file from my account. 

i just need command to do this through cli not gui.

regards.

hisec
hisec
abelio
Valued Contributor

Try it and share with us your successes

regards

/ Abel

regards / Abel
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors