Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
ehsan230564
New Contributor

fortigate 90D interface 2 and onward

Dear sir,

If I connect the interface 2 (port 2) to a switch with POE and inside switch if i connect an wireless access point everything works fine and i can ping the ip of access point also i can do web manage the access points with one access points, but the moment i connect 2nd access points. I cannot ping the 1st access points as well as i cannot connect with browser for managing the access points. And so on. That is at time only one access point attach to the switch connected to interface 2 can be manage.

Is it there is limitation in fortinet that is per interface only one access point (cisco) can be connect.

Thanks and best regards.

8 REPLIES 8
ac1
Contributor II

I don't thik so.

The APs are in DHCP? The DHCP server is FGT?

If you disconnect FGT can you ping APs?

ehsan230564

Dear Sir,

I did not understand "disconnect FGT", what did FGT stand for.

Also i am giving each APs a static ip according to the interface subnet and DG as interface ip.

Thanks and best regards.

ac1

I'm Sorry, FGT is FortiGate. If you connect a client without FortiGate the APs are reachable?

ehsan230564

Yes sir if we connect the all the APs to port 1 lan port via poe switch which is hardware switch port it is working perfectly. All the devices, pc, printer mobile etc every thing working fine. I wanted to connect APs in different port so that we can create policy for with port 2 and block youtube etc whoever connecting via APs.

ac1

can you post a schema of this infrastructure?

Current scenario and desired scenario

ehsan230564

sir i attached the file

ehsan230564

2nd photo

ehsan230564

third photo

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors