Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
arabisk
New Contributor

fortigate 200D wrong credential

Hello everybody,
i have fortigate 200D, i connect it to Computer with usb cable because i have no connection with lan cable.
Forti-explorer shows 60C, and i enter username: admin, password is empty, whatever i use web, cli, setup wizard or putty it says wrong credentials!
what should i do?
thank you for your help299607060_1473290426482912_4549935838427334535_n.jpg
4 REPLIES 4
ede_pfau
Esteemed Contributor III

Why do you state that you don't have a connection via LAN cable? access denied?

Never used the FortiUSB thing, why don't you use a simple serial connection? serial cable with RJ45 (FGT side) and DB9 (notebook), or USB if using a serial-to-USB converter. Start up PuTTY, 9600-8-N-1, and you will get a prompt.

If you now try to log in, and are denied, you can try again as many times as you wish - there is no penalty on failed logins.

If you still cannot log in, reset to factory defaults, and then use 'admin' with no password. For this, you can log in as 'maintainer'. Google or Fortinet KB will give you the details.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Debbie_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hey arabisk,

the FortiExplorer tool has been discontinued for a few years now, there may be compatibility issues that are interfering, for example (that could also explain why a FortiGate 200D is identified as a 60C model).

As Ede mentioned, I would suggest connecting on the console port, and if you can't login from there for whatever reason, go through 'maintainer' procedure and factory reset.

+++ Divide by Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe and Reboot +++
nithincs
Staff
Staff

Hi,

Try to do factory reset and you will be able to access the device with 192.168.1.99 and username as admin with no password. 

anikolov
Staff
Staff

Hello arabisk,

Please don't do any of these drastic measures above before trying this KB below: https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Technical-Tip-Reset-a-lost-admin-password-on-a-FortiGate...

Please let me know if it works.

Regards,

Aleksandar

Aleksandar Nikolov
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors