Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
qspec
New Contributor

forticlient constant notification in windows

I recently set up the end point security and registered the forticlients to our fortigate.  Now that I have that set up, users are constantly being harassed (every minute to be exact) with a message that says"configuration update was received from FortiGate".   I can turn off the windows notifications for the forticlient, but that doesn't seem like the best fix for this.  Is there a setting that I can change in the client or fortigate that affects this popup?

6 REPLIES 6
Christopher_McMullan

As a matter of fact, there should be...

<forticlient_configuration> <endpoint_control>

... <show_bubble_notifications>0</show_bubble_notifications>

... </endpoint_control> </forticlient_configuration>

Regards, Chris McMullan Fortinet Ottawa

qspec

Christopher McMullan_FTNT wrote:

As a matter of fact, there should be...

<forticlient_configuration> <endpoint_control>

... <show_bubble_notifications>0</show_bubble_notifications>

... </endpoint_control> </forticlient_configuration>

while that sounds simple enough, I am not sure where the starting point is.  Where do you find "forticlient configuration"?  I can't find that in the forticlient software or in the fortigate settings.  I can find "endpoint protection" in the fortigate and it has a subcategory of "forticlient profiles" but I could not find options for forticlient config or show bubbles under it.

Chris_Lin_FTNT

What is your FortiOS version?

There was a bug in FortiOS. If your FortiOS is pre 5.2.1, you may have to reboot your FortiGate to get this reset.

Chris_Lin_FTNT

Christophe was talking about if you enable advanced config in FortiGate endpoint profile (only from CLI), you will be able to paste an XML config. The XML config can be obtained from FortiClient \ setting \ backup.

KM_FTNT
Staff
Staff

FortiGate should not be sending a configuration update to the clients every minute.  There seem to be some issue here, either a bug or misconfiguration.

FortiClient should only get notification if configuration of FortiClient profile or UTM profiles specified in FortiClient profile was changed.

Technical Video - video.fortinet.com

Technical Docs - docs.fortinet.com

terry_jjr
New Contributor

I tested this in my config

<show_bubble_notifications>0</show_bubble_notifications>

The bubble appears when connecting and disconnecting the VPN and no other popups.

Seems ok, I'll stick with it for a while...

For information on editing the XML, watch the second half of this video:

http://video.fortinet.com/video/118/how-to-setup-always-up-auto-connect-vpn-with-forticlient-5-2

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors