Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
cvc_lukes
New Contributor

fclog.dat huge filesize

I have a user where this file has grown to over 200GB. Is there a way to compress or delete the file to free this ungodly amount of used space for a data file?

1 Solution
isamt
Contributor

This is an issue I have come across recently.

If you have turned on debug logging for the client then the file can grow to a huge size in excess of 300G or more.

I found this was only happening to certain users not all.

To fix you need to turn off debug log level and only use this mode for trouble-shooting.

You'll then need to shutdown forticlient on the laptop, then you can simply delete the fclog.dat file.

The file is automatically recreated once the client is restarted.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
isamt
Contributor

This is an issue I have come across recently.

If you have turned on debug logging for the client then the file can grow to a huge size in excess of 300G or more.

I found this was only happening to certain users not all.

To fix you need to turn off debug log level and only use this mode for trouble-shooting.

You'll then need to shutdown forticlient on the laptop, then you can simply delete the fclog.dat file.

The file is automatically recreated once the client is restarted.

cvc_lukes

Thanks isamt. This was something I tried before posting on here but couldn't delete the file. I tried it again today and the file has successfully been deleted. 

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors