Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Yosef
New Contributor

create dual wan without load balancing

hi everyone i'm trying to create dual wan to work with two of them together in format that lan1 always use wan 1 and lan 2 alleys use wan 2 for different department and different secure internet so i connect the wan's to the internet and created two ipv4 policies: lan 1 > wan 1 lan 2 > wan 2 and disabled the wan balancing feature but there still a problem with connection it's seem like the computers chose the wan to use randomly and when they try to use the different wan like lan 1 to wan 2 they cannot use internet because of the policy so what can i do to resolve the problem thanks for help

1 Solution
Anilmeena999
New Contributor

Create policy route like.

incoming interface lan1 source address 192.168.1.0/24 destination address 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0

outgoing interface wan1

incoming interface lan2 source address 192.168.2.0/24 destination address 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0 outgoing interface wan2

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anilmeena999
New Contributor

Create policy route like.

incoming interface lan1 source address 192.168.1.0/24 destination address 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0

outgoing interface wan1

incoming interface lan2 source address 192.168.2.0/24 destination address 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0 outgoing interface wan2

Yosef

of course i did it but still lan 1 trying to get out thru wan 2 in some computers and they're cannot connect to internet

Anilmeena999
New Contributor

Assign priority in static route of wan2 greater that wan1

Yosef
New Contributor

i found my problem i created firewall policy and static route but not rote policy so i had to use cli because of my fortigate model does not have this feature it seem like this:

config router policy

edit 8  set input-device "internal1"  set output-device "wan1"  next  edit 5  set input-device "internal2"  set output-device "wan2"  next  end

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors