Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Fullmoon
Contributor III

continuity of download after failover

as of the moment I don't have extra line to test whether my download will resume or continue once my failover takes place. 

Lets assume SD WAN was in placed already.

Example: Total file size around 24MB, download started around 10Mb of download my main links broke down and my other links kicks in. Does it reset the download or it will resume/continue the download? 

Fortigate Newbie

Fortigate Newbie
3 REPLIES 3
Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

It would be up to the download application. But probably you have to re-initiate the download because your source IP changes when WAN interface changes, then server side doesn't recognize the new IP as the on-going session's source.

sw2090
Honored Contributor

I think this depends on what you use to download. Basically i cannot continue because failover changes your external ip address so it will not get any more packets. Some Downloadmanagers might be able to cope with that, maybe some browsers do.

correct me if I am wrong...

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
Fullmoon

thanks guys. but do you have any idea what are possible product/s could comply this feature?

Fortigate Newbie

Fortigate Newbie
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors