Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
mhdganji
Contributor II

cloning policies and objects between two different firewalls

Hi,

I need to replace the old firewall with a new one (let's assume from a 200F (v 6.4.7) to a 400E (v7.0.5) ) and AFAIK, the backup can only be restored from devices with the same model and FortiOS.

In my example, is there anyway to copy the config and correct the missing/conflicting parts?

It will be outstanding if I can even clone the same rules and policies on the new firewall and do the rest of config manually (lots of objects and policies are present on the old one)

Regards,

M. Ganji, Network & Security Expert.
2 Solutions
jintrah_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hi,

If the config is huge containing a lot of policies and objects, I would recommend using a FortiConverter tool, Firewall Migration Tool - FortiConverter (fortinet.com)

Best regards,

Jin

View solution in original post

jintrah_FTNT

Hi,

Another option may be to manually convert the configs to match that for new device, please see Technical Tip: How to load/convert a FortiGate con... - Fortinet Community

Best regards,

Jin

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jintrah_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hi,

If the config is huge containing a lot of policies and objects, I would recommend using a FortiConverter tool, Firewall Migration Tool - FortiConverter (fortinet.com)

Best regards,

Jin

mhdganji

Hi,

Not huge enough to spend $3k on it ...

Any free version for under 500 polices, 500 objects (My size approximately)

and also any scripting, migrating, commands ... ?

About

jintrah_FTNT

Hi,

Another option may be to manually convert the configs to match that for new device, please see Technical Tip: How to load/convert a FortiGate con... - Fortinet Community

Best regards,

Jin

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors