Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
damiri
New Contributor

blocking facebook like and share buttons

Hi, got customer who would like to silently cut off these two buttons from pages without any kind of warning or visible indication. Now, we have big warning window, empty, which ruins whole page. Any ideas? Damir
8 REPLIES 8
Phill_Proud
New Contributor

If it doesn' t matter for other blocked pages, could you not just edit the replacement message to have no content or something simple?
damiri

already tried but not getting desired output
Faulty_Male
New Contributor III

The same thread is running under the web filtering section - " Obstructive replacement message overlay"
Faulty_Male
New Contributor III

One of our guys fixed this today - here is the solution: Block Social Networking - under web filter profile Tick Enable Website Filter - under the policy above Add the following entry: www.facebook.com/plugins/like.php Simple Exempt Enable Save & retest This should show the button but block if it is clicked. Let me know how you get on.
damiri

we done it like that already. as well as for google ads etc. however, custuomer has requirement not to allow this kind of traffic at all in to internal network without damaging look&feel of requested page.
Faulty_Male
New Contributor III

internal network without damaging look&feel of requested page.
You are only allowing the image and not facebook content. You could add your own dns entry to resolve this image on your internal servers instead?? I take it you have already tried using application control - this was TAC' s original suggestion to us
damiri

yep, still have case open with Fortinet TAC. Same things. I have filled out feature request. You may do it also so in future they add this possibility. More requests for same feature will trigger them to add it to development list. I will expore this with DNS. Thanks for tip.
Mohammad01
New Contributor II

Greetings, I have same request long time ago from one customer regarding Facebook chat before the time of having it in application control. What you need to do is to sniff the traffic and look to the http protocol command details within the packet, through which you maintain the look and feel while silently dropping the traffic. This is of course to get custom IPS signature in place configured to block the traffic, not reset Mohammad
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors