Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
bakhtawar
New Contributor

block sites on wifi

hi all

how i download forticlient software and configure through my wifi device so after this i will able to block specific sites under through categories

have i download this or i will buy this software?

any help please

5 REPLIES 5
a_acampa
New Contributor

Hi, I don't understand why you want to use forticlient. The dafault gateway of you wifi client is not a fortigate? You can use webfilter on fortigate, and create a rule where source is WiFi and destination is internet.

If you want to use Forticlient to block sites ecc, you need to have a management server Forti EMS https://video.fortinet.co...ion-to-forticlient-ems

In this way you can create a profile where define which sites have to been blocked and which not.

With old version of FortiOS you can define this profile on fortigate, but the new way is Forti EMS that is a dedicate solution for this needs.

With the eval version of EMS you can manage up to 10 devices.

Regards

Andrea

bakhtawar

i download forticlient and use this

check attach image please

but when i access any website then not open even when i install this on mobile and "we secuirty is on" notification appear then when  i try to access google.com then even google .com is not open ? why this is happen?

a_acampa

bakhtawar wrote:

i download forticlient and use this

check attach image please

but when i access any website then not open even when i install this on mobile and "we secuirty is on" notification appear then when  i try to access google.com then even google .com is not open ? why this is happen?

If you open client, can you see the count of violations increasing?

can you send a screen of blocked webpage?

regards Andrea

bakhtawar

no i did not find any violations even this always shows 0 ..

now i install foritclient on mobile and i restrict general interest-business and in this there is category armed forces

so when i type armed forces and open any link of armed forces this is open where as according to forticlient this should not be open

check image please

bakhtawar

any help please

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors