Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
kknuckles
New Contributor

Wrong Service/Application Icons Showing

I have a FGT90D that is presenting a strange issue. When I pull up Fortiview and look at Applications, it shows the wrong service/application icons for applications. For example, it may show the Facebook icon for Outlook or the Spotify logo for Dropbox. While its not majorly critical, its an odd issue and it looks off. 

Anyone else experience this issue?

Thx,

Kevin

Thank you for your time,

Kevin W. Knuckles

Thank you for your time, Kevin W. Knuckles
1 Solution
hmtay_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hi Kevin,

Can you execute this command on the CLI window?

diagnose web-ui app-icon-update <timeout>

Under most circumstances, you would not need a timeout value. If however, the CLI returns a timeout error, you can increase the timeout, e.g. diagnose web-ui app-icon-update 100000.

Give it some time if the update is successful and the icons should be correct again. This issue happens when new icons are added to the database and the Fortigate timeouts while fetching the icons.

HoMing

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
hmtay_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hi Kevin,

Can you execute this command on the CLI window?

diagnose web-ui app-icon-update <timeout>

Under most circumstances, you would not need a timeout value. If however, the CLI returns a timeout error, you can increase the timeout, e.g. diagnose web-ui app-icon-update 100000.

Give it some time if the update is successful and the icons should be correct again. This issue happens when new icons are added to the database and the Fortigate timeouts while fetching the icons.

HoMing

kknuckles

Thank you....I ran the command and the first instance did give me an error. I used the longer timeout and it said it completed successfully. I had to step out for a bit and I checked again recently and the icon sets are still incorrect.

Anything else I should do?

Thank you for your time,

Kevin W. Knuckles

hmtay_FTNT

Hi Kevin, 

Sorry for the late reply. Can you clear your browser cache and let me know if it's fixed?

HoMing

kknuckles

It took a few runs but the application icons are correct now. 

Thank you for your time,

Kevin W. Knuckles

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors