Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Mick
New Contributor

Windows Unsigned Drivers issue - Forticlient version 5.4.0780

Windows 7 Pro SP1 64bit laptops - I've had just a couple of laptops that I can't install the client on.  I'm using the ForticlientOnlineInstaller.  Windows throws the msg, and I have to rollback the install.

I've used gpedit.msc - User Configuration - Admin Templates - System - Driver Installation - Code signing for device drivers - Enabled - Ignore - reboot - to tell Windows to ignore the unsigned driver.  But still no luck, same msg from Windows.

Is there a difference between the FortiClientSetup_5.4.0.0780_x64.zip client and the OnlineInstaller.exe?

And does anyone have a fix for this issue?  I doubt that I'm first one down this road.

It could be something within Windows on those particular laptops.  

1 Solution
asc6
New Contributor

I had this issue as well. It's because Windows 7 Pro SP1 still doesn't have the right SHA-2 components until a later windows update. I had to install "Windows6.1-KB3033929-x64" from Microsoft and then it went through without a hitch.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
asc6
New Contributor

I had this issue as well. It's because Windows 7 Pro SP1 still doesn't have the right SHA-2 components until a later windows update. I had to install "Windows6.1-KB3033929-x64" from Microsoft and then it went through without a hitch.

thom
New Contributor

Login to support.fortinet.com and download the offline installer for 5.2.3.

Mick
New Contributor

Thanks guys and my apologies for the delay in replying.  That patch did the trick for us.  It's mentioned in a previous thread.  I didn't find it until after I had posted my msg. 

Regards Mick

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors