Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
BumbleBee
New Contributor

Windows Blue screen NetIO after Forticlient installation

Hi, I am using windows 7 pro 64 bit on a Lenovo laptop with the following NICs on board: Wi-FI - Intel(R) Centrino(R) Ultimate-N 6300 AGN LAN - Intel(R) 82579LM Gigabit Network Connection After installing the latest version 5.0.6.320 of FortiClient Windows is failing with NETIO Blue screens several times a day. Any Help is appreciated. Thanks, Michael
19 REPLIES 19
Chris_Lin_FTNT

Hi, Michael, Could you share your dump file for us to investigate? Thanks, Chris
GusTech
Contributor II

I also have a customer who complains about this ..

Fortigate <3

Fortigate <3
GusTech
Contributor II

is there any progress here?

Fortigate <3

Fortigate <3
kolawale_FTNT

Please collect " kernel memory dump" as described in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/969028 The file is usually large and contains personally identifiable information. Place the file somewhere it could be accessed (say, Dropbox, Google Drive or similar). Send download information to forticlient-feedback@fortinet.com
GusTech

Please collect " kernel memory dump" as described
My client had 5-10 BSOD a day, and had to uninstall FortiClient!!! He could not do any work with this crappy piece of shit installed... I can not get this!!

Fortigate <3

Fortigate <3
kolawale_FTNT

Most likely your client had some incompatible software installed. Fortinet staff runs the same FortiClient software on their computer systems. Consider using a test system on which you could collect dump files. This will help not only your current client, but any future potential clients.
GusTech
Contributor II

Everything on the machine worked just great when we uninstall FortiClient .. You must surely know that this is one big problem when two users of this small forum reports the same error!! Think of all those who have not yet gone to this version, and all those who announced from! ..

Fortigate <3

Fortigate <3
kolawale_FTNT

Everything on the machine worked just great when we uninstall FortiClient ..
Understood. If there is a conflict between FortiClient and another application (say, another AV or VPN product, or something completely different), uninstalling one, either FortiClient or that other application, will eliminate the conflict on that system. It is to be expected that end-users will create their systems to suit their needs. As they do so, they may unintentionally create conflicts. Some cannot be resolved (end-user has to compromise). The software developers usually need access to information on what is happening in order to determine how to resolve it. Without your support or input, progress may not be achieved.
TheRock
New Contributor

I have been having this issue as well the past probably two months. Right now this is happening on two of our company laptops. I just did a new Windows install on one of the laptops yesterday. It ran all day yesterday and last night, but within 15 minutes of installing FortiClient it crashed twice within a 5 minute period. The laptop with the fresh install has the following installed: Windows 7 64 bit Office Small Business 2010 Symantec Endpoint Protection Version 12.1 Adobe Flash Adobe Reader XI Those are the only items I have installed on it so far. My laptop is doing the exact same thing, but I have much more installed. I as well have those same programs on my laptop, except my Office version is 2013. I had to uninstall the FortiClient from the other laptop so that user may continue to work. I randomly have the BSOD usually a few times a week. I could upload a dump file, but with a brand new install and only those items installed I did not see a reason to.
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors