Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
joseamatamoros
New Contributor

Windows 10 unable to uninstall

Hi, guys.

I had to configure a point-to-point VPN with a FortiGate 50B. Done! But I want to uninstall the FortiClient (6.0.1.0099) from my Windows 10 Laptop. I don't have the "Shutdown FortiClient" option available. The guy who configured the client VPN deleted it and now I don't know what to do to uninstall it. When I tried to uninstall, I received the message "Forticlient cannot be modified or removed while it is registered to a remote management server".

Right now I don't have any VPN configured. I have followed the http://kb.fortinet.com/kb/viewContent.do?externalId=FD32800&sliceId=1 instructions but I can't find any "Enabled administrator full control permisson" directory or file (step 4) and it didn't worked...

Any advice will be appreciated.

1 Solution
kd007
New Contributor III

You need to disconnect from the management server before that option will be available. Is it connected to EMS or just a FortiGate? Hopefully the guy who set it up left the disconnect option visible: you'll see it under "Compliance & Telemetry" underneath where it says 'Connected to Security Fabric.'

First, I would recommed taking the computer off-net so that it can't talk to the FG/EMS. Then, if the disconnect option is there, click it (it might ask for a password, if so you'll need to get that). Right after you-click it go to your system tray and you should be able to shut down FortiClient now. Do it fast because it will re-connect at the next 60-second interval.

If you don' have the 'Disconnect' option, good luck. I can provide some advice on how to get around it but it is pretty hairy.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
joseamatamoros
New Contributor

Any kind of help or advice? Really appreciate it if someone can point me in the right direction.

kd007
New Contributor III

You need to disconnect from the management server before that option will be available. Is it connected to EMS or just a FortiGate? Hopefully the guy who set it up left the disconnect option visible: you'll see it under "Compliance & Telemetry" underneath where it says 'Connected to Security Fabric.'

First, I would recommed taking the computer off-net so that it can't talk to the FG/EMS. Then, if the disconnect option is there, click it (it might ask for a password, if so you'll need to get that). Right after you-click it go to your system tray and you should be able to shut down FortiClient now. Do it fast because it will re-connect at the next 60-second interval.

If you don' have the 'Disconnect' option, good luck. I can provide some advice on how to get around it but it is pretty hairy.

joseamatamoros

Too easy... Feel almost bad. Well, thanks a lot for helping me to resolve it!

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors