Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
nnosnhoj
New Contributor

Where to find uploaded config file

How can I find the config file I uploaded with command:

execute upload config ftp <filename_str> <comment> <server_ipv4[:port_int] | server_fqdn[:port_int]> [<username_str> [<password_str>]] [<backup_password_str>]

described in this page.

Is there any command or other way can I see the configuration file I've uploaded?

Thank you!

3 Solutions
ede_pfau
Esteemed Contributor III

hi,

and welcome to the forums!

You should be able to see the config version using the GUI: System>Dashboard, System Information, System Configuration, Revisions. That is for FortiOS v5 and newer.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"

View solution in original post

Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
ede_pfau
Esteemed Contributor III

Your post was perfectly clear: if you upload a revision, it is displayed at the top of the list of configurations. I just tested this on a FG-80C running v5.2.3. You are prompted to enter a comment which can help identify the config as the timestamp is the time of uploading, not the file's last written time.

OK, I did something more than just uploading: I returned to the Dashboard and clicked 'Revisions' again, to refresh the display.

Ede

ede_pfau
Esteemed Contributor III

OK, I've tested upload by HTTPS, FTP and TFTP, no problems.

You'll probably know it, you can check the list of local revisions in the CLI with

exec revision list config

Ede

6 REPLIES 6
ede_pfau
Esteemed Contributor III

hi,

You should be able to see the config version using the GUI: System>Dashboard, System Information, System Configuration, Revisions. That is for FortiOS v5 and newer.

Ede

nnosnhoj

ede_pfau wrote:

hi,

Dear ede pfau:

I'm afraid you misunderstood my question...

Since I used the command "upload" instead of "restore", I see nothing in System>Dashboard, System Information, System Configuration, Revisions.

And my OS version is v5.2.2,build642 (GA).

Thank you very  much!

ede_pfau
Esteemed Contributor III

Your post was perfectly clear: if you upload a revision, it is displayed at the top of the list of configurations. I just tested this on a FG-80C running v5.2.3. You are prompted to enter a comment which can help identify the config as the timestamp is the time of uploading, not the file's last written time.

OK, I did something more than just uploading: I returned to the Dashboard and clicked 'Revisions' again, to refresh the display.

Ede

nnosnhoj

ede_pfau wrote:

Sorry, my fault.

It turns out that I got no disk in my fortigate, which makes the list empty after I reboot  it.

You was right, I did what you said again and I saw them. However, thank you very much!

ede_pfau
Esteemed Contributor III

OK, I've tested upload by HTTPS, FTP and TFTP, no problems.

You'll probably know it, you can check the list of local revisions in the CLI with

exec revision list config

Ede

ede_pfau
Esteemed Contributor III

Well, ALL Fortigates do have an internal Flash disk (CF, to be precise) on which the firmware image and the config revisions are stored. They do not need a harddisk for that. Just imagine the firmware was stored in a RAM disk and then after reboot...

I do know for sure that with a FG-80C without internal harddisk (but CF flash) revisions survive a reboot.

So, I wonder what is different with your FGT.

Ede

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors