Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
librariesonline
New Contributor

Web Filter Time Out Not Blocking Site After Time Limit Exceeded

Hello, I am using the Web Filter for CIPA in a Library on a 60E Firewall. I have the Override Block set to 15 minutes. When someone is visiting a blocked site, let's say playboy.com, after the 15 minutes is up, the site is still accessible for as long as they want. If they close the browser and then visit the same blocked site, then the blocked page comes up again. I would think that after the allotted time expires, the page should not still be usable. Is this the way it is supposed to be? I would think if they click on a link within the site that it should come back with the blocked message. Anyone know of a work around? The library director is not fond of this problem. When the time limit is up, they want it to start blocking that site again. 

Thanks for any incite. 

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi librariesonline,

As per your query, it seems strange that the site was not blocked from the same session when the time was exceeded. However, can you please confirm the following information of your Fortigate 60E.

Which version is the device running ?
What is the inspection mode the device is running on? (Flow based/ Proxy Based)

Are you using SSL deep certificate inspection on the policy?

Can you also check the link mentioned below for configuring Web profile override.

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortigate/6.4.2/administration-guide/408599/web-profile-override 

librariesonline

Thanks for your response. 

I am running 7.0.1

Flow-Based

Certificate Inspection.

Switch applies to IP, not a user.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors