Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
MrUn1x
New Contributor

Vlan Routing Issue

Hello ,

I had create 4 vlans on physical aggregate interface (Vlan10 -20-30-40) and we had some servers in vlan 1 so i configure vlan 1 on physical interface 

and i had create zone and put the physical and subinterface (vlan interfaces ) 

I had issue that i cannot get remote desktop to some servers from vlan 10 to vlan 1 and the strange that some servers i can get to it 

Is there a solution ? 

Best Regards ,

1 REPLY 1
vivek101
New Contributor II

Hi,

There may be several supports for why you are encountering trouble with this. To fix the problem, you can try the following:

1. Check Firewall Rules: Verify that the firewall rules permit remote desktop traffic between VLANs 10 and 1. Check to see if the standards prevent these VLANs from communicating with one another.

2. Check IP addresses: Verify that the servers to which you want to connect have IP addresses that work and can be reached through VLAN 10. Verify that there are no routing or network issues preventing traffic from VLAN 10 to VLAN 1.

3. Verify the VLAN Configuration: Verify the VLAN configuration once more to ensure that the VLAN interfaces are properly associated with the appropriate VLANs and that each VLAN is correctly configured.

4. Actually, take a look at Distant Work area Setup: Check to see if the servers to which you are attempting to connect are properly set up to accept remote desktop connections.

5. Check for Organization Blockage: Remote desktop connections between VLANs may be hindered by network congestion or bandwidth issues.

6. Consider Investigating Instruments: Consider utilizing network investigating devices, like ping or traceroute, to assist with diagnosing the issue.

There could be a number of reasons why you are having trouble connecting via remote desktop to some servers in VLAN 10 to VLAN 1. To identify and resolve the issue, check firewall rules, IP addresses, VLAN configuration, remote desktop configuration, and network congestion. You might also want to try using tools for troubleshooting networks to figure out what's wrong.

I hope this helps you address your problem.

To Know More You can Opt for vlocity salesforce training 

Vivek Garg

Vivek Garg
Vivek Garg
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors