Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
dasilva13
New Contributor

Virtual Wan link Load

so I have two ISP' s one 150, and one 100 I would like to do spillover with failover so I create a virtual wan with two WAN links and gateways with spillover thresholds and health link for both on next route hop I create one route to virtual wan link I create polices from internal to wan link (NAT) question is, which one is priority? the top wan link in the list I created during virtual wan link? and will this failover automatically with the health check?
1 REPLY 1
ede_pfau
Esteemed Contributor III

This feature is so brand new that it seems not to be documented in detail yet. But I found a recipe in the Cookbook (pg. 16 ff). There is an updated article in the " What' s New in 5.2.1" . You can set this up using ' weights' which effectively control the percentage of traffic using one or the other link. Say, with weights of 99 and 1 you should see 99% of the traffic using wan1 and only 1% using wan2. If you want spillover instead then specify spillover. Depending on the limits set one link will be used first and the other only if bandwidth is exceeding the spillover threshold. Failover will occur if link health monitoring is set up just like DGD used to work.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors