Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
SimonM
New Contributor

Viewing quarantine file (Linux)

Hi. Forticlient told me that it has quarantined a file. How do I view this file, so I can check what it is? I'm running Ubuntu Linux 20.04. I've found the /opt/forticlient/quarantine/ directory and a file with a similar name (the original name with .0 appended). That's a binary format that the file command simply reports as being of type “data”. How do I inspect it?

I installed Forticlient from https://forticlient.com/repoinfo following instructions from our IT providers for upgrading the Fortigate software for connecting to work's VPN from my home. I was running Ubuntu 16.04 at the time, and have since upgraded to 20.04. But (so far as I can tell) that didn't provide a VPN client, instead just giving me a red ‘F’ icon in my panel, and occasional messages about attempting updates or updates failing.

Then today I got a message about a file having been quarantined. Clicking on the icon provided a menu of ‘Fortigate’ (which didn't do anything) or ‘Quit’ (which prompted for my password and then quit). /opt/forticlient/ has several files in it with execute permission, but I can't see anything appropriate.

Thanks.

0 REPLIES 0
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors