Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
MrMic34
New Contributor

VPN issues London to New York

Geting the below error message when using forticlient. I have confirmed the settings are correct and I checked her TLS settings for internet explorer as mentioned in a previous post but I'm still not able to connect. This user is located in London and not able to connect to the firewall in New York. However my coworker and myself are located in the states and have no issues connecting to the firewall vpn with her credentials. 

any suggestions?

5 REPLIES 5
Toshi_Esumi
SuperUser
SuperUser

"Unreachable" error means much more physical. Can it ping the server IP, and does the URL, if you're using URL, resolved to IP? After those are confirmed, next step would be "diag debug app sslvpn -1" or the server side while the user is trying to connect, then pull VPN local log from the FortiClient. (I'm assuming it's SSL VPN, not IPsec)

MrMic34

It is a SSL VPN connection and not IPSEC. I do have a IPSEC tunnel up with the firewall onsite and am able to pass traffic. However the user is not able to ping the ip of the firewall in the states or resolve it from a url. 

MrMic34
New Contributor

Forticlient 6.0.0.0067

ede_pfau

I once made a blatant mistake by filling in the remote gateway address as "217.x.y.z" when it was "213.x.y.z" (last week). Of course it could not connect.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Toshi_Esumi

Well, if the machine can't ping the IP and the URL doesn't resolve to the IP. That's nothing to do with VPN but it has a basic internet problem you need to figure out first.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors