Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Lenardius
New Contributor

VPN connections stops at 10%

Hi all, I apologize if this has been asked 100 times but I did browse and tried to refine my search. One of the users I help support for a business all of a sudden cannot connect to Forticlient SSL VPN. It was only working a few days ago and i can't work out what happened? The below error is received and always stops at 10% I tried the following:

1) straight upgrade from 6.4 to 7.0 and rebooted

2) removed 7.0 and reinstalled it then rebooted

3) Confirmed users credentials on my PC works and can connect to our corporate network 4) New user profile (I login as IT admin) on the user's computer using my credentials or hers fails 5) Disabled AV and Windows firewall off (i don't use this for any other user but worth a shot) 6) I had this happen to another local user and due to time constraints I ended up re-imaging the laptop and it worked. For this current user, I don't have the luxury to re-image the PC as that user is interstate.

7) Logs checked for this VPN client and shows  msg="SSLVPN service started successfully" vpnstate=

Is this somehow network driver-related? Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
chethan
Contributor

Hello,

If the connection is stuck at 10% then, there is an issue with the network connection to the FortiGate. Verify that the client is connected to the internet and can reach the FortiGate by pinging. And check that the FortiClient configuration has the correct IP and port of the FortiGate VPN Gateway.

Also, make sure the user is not connected to other VPNs.

Thank you.

Chethan
NSE 4
ChethanNSE 4
Lenardius

Hi Chethan, Thanks for your response. I can verify that when I was remoted into the PC which confirms internet and 100% no other VPN connected (or even installed) immediately after logging in. I had to restarted the PC after installing the latest version which I have also on my PC. I  recreated the connection and ensured it has the same remote IP and port number and all other settings the same. I don't understand why an uninstall won't fix this issue and all of a sudden just stopped working like this. Another thing is, I had the user use phone hotspot/tethering and at her home internet and doesn't work so two different sources of internet and it still brings the error at 10%

chethan

Hello Lenardius,

Did you ping to FortiGate VPN gateway from the client machine when you were given the remote access to verify that the client can reach the FortiGate?

Chethan
NSE 4
ChethanNSE 4
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors