Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
abhimanyu
New Contributor

VPN Server may be unreachable (-14) in Windows 10 (Forticlient SSL VPN)

I had tried to setup VPN connection. Using the latest version client and firewall. In windows During the login time it shows

"VPN Server may be unreachable (-14) " . Status shows 80% complete. BUT it works in ANDROID..!!! Anyone resolved this ?

1 Solution
willem_abrie
New Contributor

This error also occur if you use the non-fully licensed VPN client, and the SSL VPN configuration on the fortigate firewall has the "Host Check" option enabled. (SSL VPN Portals -> Tunnel Mode -> Host Check)

View solution in original post

31 REPLIES 31
knuckles

Waldeyer wrote:

Worked for me using

Use SSL 3.0

Use TLS 1.3 (experimental)

Fine.

Where do I find these settings at?

Found them, Search Bar, Internet Options, Advanced tab, scroll to the bottom.

paulstaley

I had the same issue but none of these solutions fixed it. 

For starters, some of our users have had this issue recently. Usually, a typical restart solves it. After restarting a few times and trying some things I created a remote session to work through SolarWinds and found out that my active directory credentials were expired.

So just to reiterate, this issue will happen if your active directory credentials are expired.

Albert12

Did you solve the problem?

boneyard
Valued Contributor

Albert12 wrote:

Did you solve the problem?

who are you exactly asking and why? do you have the same problem or ...?

if you have what did you already try? which FortiOS verion and which FortiClient version. as you can seen it can be caused by many things.

as for enabling SSLv3 please dont, that really shouldnt be needed or done.

Baptiste

Hi

Same issue with some not to date forticlient (5.6.x/6.0.x, don't remember subversion)

Solved when I update to last version 6.2.6

2 FGT 100D  + FTK200

3 FGT 60E  FAZ VM  some FAP 210B/221C/223C/321C/421E

2 FGT 100D + FTK200 3 FGT 60E FAZ VM some FAP 210B/221C/223C/321C/421E
noure
New Contributor

Hello I have the same problem I have windows 10 64bits ... avast is installed. I use the program "FortiClient VPN 6.2.6.0951_x64" .... after I connect I receive this message: error "Unable to establish VPN connection. The VPN server may be unreachable. (-14)" I am counting on you to help me solve this problem.

Cordially...

boneyard
Valued Contributor

noure i assume you are not managing the FortiGate? if so i would advise you to contact your sys admin first, they might be able to see in the logs what goes wrong.

noure
New Contributor

Hello
After uninstalling avast my forticlient vpn is connected
but I found myself in another problem.
I start my Windows 10 64 bit. It automatically connects to a wireless network.
Then I establish a connection to my VPN Forticlient, on my Windows 10.
About a few seconds after the VPN Forticlient tunnel is established, the wireless LAN connection will disconnect.
I count on your help to find a solution.
Note: The VPN card is registered as an Ethernet card (fortissl PPPoP WAN Adapter).

Cordially...
noure
New Contributor

Hello
After uninstalling avast my forticlient vpn is connected
but I found myself in another problem.
I start my Windows 10 64 bit. It automatically connects to a wireless network.
Then I establish a connection to my VPN Forticlient, on my Windows 10.
About a few seconds after the VPN Forticlient tunnel is established, the wireless LAN connection will disconnect.
I count on your help to find a solution.
Note: The VPN card is registered as an Ethernet card (fortissl PPPoP WAN Adapter).

Cordially...
Bryan_Terrones

Worked for me using

SSL 3.0 ✓

TLS 1.0 X

TLS 1.1 ✓

TLS 1.2 ✓ TLS 1.3 (experimental) ✓

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors