Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
hchara
New Contributor

VPN SSL CONNECTION INSTABILITY (with forticlient)

Hello,

Our customer complains of recurring ssl vpn outage, this impacts several users. I enclose the forticlient logs sent by the user, the day the cut occurred (03/30/2021). For information, the users of this customer connect with AD authentication in vpn ssl.

Do you have any troubleshoot ideas? Because these are random cuts, and it does not happen at the same time for everyone.

Thank you for your help.

Best Regards

Hanane

1 Solution
Toshi_Esumi
SuperUser
SuperUser

First, separate login/establishment problem from unexpected disconnect in the middle of sessions. If the latter, authentication has nothing to with the problem. I assume the latter.

Then, likely something happened to the FGT's interface and/or the circuit connected to it if multiple users got disconnected at the same time. Check "get vpn ssl monitor" to see how many or all got disconnected and needed to reconnect after that. You need to do that right after the problem was reported. That would give you some hints what might have happened. And then check the log if circuit/interface has bounced or something else happened at that time.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Toshi_Esumi
SuperUser
SuperUser

First, separate login/establishment problem from unexpected disconnect in the middle of sessions. If the latter, authentication has nothing to with the problem. I assume the latter.

Then, likely something happened to the FGT's interface and/or the circuit connected to it if multiple users got disconnected at the same time. Check "get vpn ssl monitor" to see how many or all got disconnected and needed to reconnect after that. You need to do that right after the problem was reported. That would give you some hints what might have happened. And then check the log if circuit/interface has bounced or something else happened at that time.

hchara

Hi,

Thank you for this replay.

I will check that with customer.

Regards

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors