Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Impulsion84
New Contributor

VPN Options (Enable VPN before logon)

Hi guys, 

We are using FortiClient 5.2.6.0664 in our network, and now, we want to enable the option "Enable VPN before lgon" for everybody, but without repacking the client and release it again via SCCM, we tough that we can create a gpo.

I found one entry in regedit, called: 

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Fortinet\FortiClient\FA_VPNSTARTER] "enabled"=dword:00000000 "vpn_before_logon_enabled"=dword:00000001

But, if i set it manually to 1, it still doesn't show up in the Sign-In options box, before loggin in to the domain. If i thick the box from the client options, and restart, it works, but nobody wants to connect remotely to 1000 clients and just tick that box.

Any help on this? Are there any other regedit entry's that modify once you tick that Enable VPN before logon, and click on OK?

Cheers!

4 REPLIES 4
Bilal_Habib
New Contributor II

Hi did you ever figure this out? I have the same issue, i scanned some registry snapshots but have not found the magic key as of yet

Impulsion84

Yes i did! I've modified the .msi client with Flexera Admin Studio, and add the option by default, and then deploy it to everybody. 

Noldiani
New Contributor

Heck, I came here to ask the exact same thing. A year old post. If no one knows, I guess I might need to open a ticket.

dsvirskis

Try setting these registry keys, seemed to work for me. Note the registry keys need to be changed using the 'system' account as the administrators group only has read access under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Fortinet\FortiClient.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Fortinet\FortiClient\FA_VPNSTARTER] "vpn_before_logon_enabled"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Authentication\Credential Provider Filters\{AC7DD106-EAB6-4b41-AC4F-D52FD62A82C7}] @="FortiCredentialProvider"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Authentication\Credential Providers\{AC7DD106-EAB6-4b41-AC4F-D52FD62A82C7}] @="FortiCredentialProvider"

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors