Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
leo
New Contributor

VOIP issues fortiwifi f50e

Installed FortiWiFi 50E , firmware 6.2.7 build 1190

Issue: VOIP phones are working except for park function. When receptionist parks a call, the next user cannot hear the call if the pick up the parks call. Weird thing is that if the pick up the parked call, place it on hold and then resume the call, the call will then proceed as normal. So: can't pickup parked calls unless you press hold twice.

What we've tried:

1. disable sip ALG helpers through CLI

2. Created a few services to allow traffic on ports: 53 UDP 5060-5062 UDP 20000-40000 UDP and allowed these services to talk from LAN to WAN and from WAN to LAN

3. rebooted phones, switches, firewall etc.

4. Created a ticket with Fortinet, currently they are researching the issue...but my client is a Karen and is breathing down my back.

Thank you for any help!

1 Solution
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

So call park should be part of the SIP:protocol. Do you have , or can take pcap from the phone perspective ? I believe it's encode in SIP call-control via "REFER" messages.

So you need a full call-signaling dump to see what's going on within the REFER/INVITE/RE_INVITE/NOTIFY etc.......Also make sure the phones firmware are updated but I would get a pcap started for analysis of the SIP protocol ( udp/tcp-5060/5061 ) 

Sorry my SIP t-shooting skills are poor since I haven't decode SIP messages in the last  6 + years ;)

Ken Felix

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

View solution in original post

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
4 REPLIES 4
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

So call park should be part of the SIP:protocol. Do you have , or can take pcap from the phone perspective ? I believe it's encode in SIP call-control via "REFER" messages.

So you need a full call-signaling dump to see what's going on within the REFER/INVITE/RE_INVITE/NOTIFY etc.......Also make sure the phones firmware are updated but I would get a pcap started for analysis of the SIP protocol ( udp/tcp-5060/5061 ) 

Sorry my SIP t-shooting skills are poor since I haven't decode SIP messages in the last  6 + years ;)

Ken Felix

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
leo
New Contributor

Thanks Felix,     I will look and see if I can take a pcap from the phone perspective! Might have to get with the VOIP provider and see if they can help me get that info. 

leo
New Contributor

My problem was that there was a session established after I disabled SIP ALG.  My issue was in "edit 13" so deleting that within the session helper edits cleared out my issue.  # config system session-helper       show Amongst the displayed settings will be one similar to the following example:  edit 13        set name sip        set protocol 17        set port 5060 next          Here entry 13 is the one which points to SIP traffic which uses UDP port 5060 for signaling. delete 13 end

emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

Okay good 

Ken Felix

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors