Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
SeakleangHeng
New Contributor

Use Management port as LAN port

I have FortiGate 300D that has 2 management ports, and I have to use this port like other LAN port. But it cannot route to other ports, or even access internet. I'm sure with my policy. Is there any additional configuration in order to use this management port?

7 REPLIES 7
Fullmoon
Contributor III

Hi... pls see this link

http://docs-legacy.fortin...fig_system.24.017.html

Fortigate Newbie

Fortigate Newbie
hklb
Contributor II

Hi,

You can use the MGMT port as LAN interface, but the traffic will no be offloaded..

hklb
Contributor II

Hi,

You can use the MGMT port as LAN interface, but the traffic will no be offloaded..

hklb
Contributor II

Hi,

ede_pfau
Esteemed Contributor III

Management ports are exempted from routing, by design. There are no commands to change this.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
MedWell

Hello;

I have same problem.

I need to use the port mgmt as a LAN port.

MrSinners

It's like Ede said, they cant be used for traffic forwarding. If you need more interfaces look at the occupied ones and see if interfaces can be freed up, such as making trunks with VLAN interfaces instead of single interfaces. I see your device, FG300D, has 4x 1GB UTP and 4x 1GB SFP. Most likely all UTP ports are used but not the fiber ones? There are tranceiver SFP's available which make your SFP port UTP ports.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors