Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Jaggana
New Contributor II

Unable to uninstall

Hello, I'm unable to uninstall FortiClient, the uninstall button is grayed, as far as the only session on the computer is an admin one, I don't understand why I can't uninstall it...

2 Solutions
pft
New Contributor II

Had the same problem today. I managed to uninstall it by using the "UninstallString" found in the registry (HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{ID of FortiClient Package})

View solution in original post

sw2090
Honored Contributor

First make sure that FortiClient is shut down before trying to install. When it is not it will not allow you to uninstall as it is still running.

If that is not the case or does not help try to repair it. I've read threads here that said this may help.

If there is still no uninstall option you could download the corresponding Forticlient-tools package from the download area inside the fortinet support portal. It contains the FCRemove utility that can remove Forticlient if there is no uninstall option etc.

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

View solution in original post

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
12 REPLIES 12
Jaggana
New Contributor II

I want to uninstall it, what to do ??

pft
New Contributor II

Had the same problem today. I managed to uninstall it by using the "UninstallString" found in the registry (HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{ID of FortiClient Package})

Jaggana
New Contributor II

Thank you so much !!

lluis_flores

Hi, 

A little bit "old" post but a problem too "new" for not give more solutions. Today I've been fighting with that issue. The option of search in registry for "the msiexec /x" option is good, but when you must to explain to an inexperienced users is not good idea, I think...

that's what I found:

- When you install Forticlient with ON LINE installer (that internally uses a pcclient.msi installer file) you can NOT uninstall from Control Pannel.  This case you must use same installer and check the option "uninstall".

- If you have installed Forticlient from OFF LINE installer, you CAN uninstall Forticlient from Control Pannel.

Tested with Forticlient 6.0.9.0277

Regards.

sw2090
Honored Contributor

First make sure that FortiClient is shut down before trying to install. When it is not it will not allow you to uninstall as it is still running.

If that is not the case or does not help try to repair it. I've read threads here that said this may help.

If there is still no uninstall option you could download the corresponding Forticlient-tools package from the download area inside the fortinet support portal. It contains the FCRemove utility that can remove Forticlient if there is no uninstall option etc.

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
lluis_flores

Thanks for your reply! Finally  the only way is to use FCRemote from tools to uninstall it. 

Jaggana
New Contributor II

@Fortinet : 0/20 for support

ahafiz
New Contributor

Hi,

Remove using FCRemove tools.

let_me_uninstall
New Contributor

While working for my former employer, I used the ONLINE installer to install FortiClient.  It is so that I could use their online resources while working offisite.  Since then I have been fired and my employee account disabled.  I just CANNOT remove FortiClient from my own PC.  There should be an easy way for people like me to uninstall FortiClient.  The so-called SOLUTION above requires that I have bought a copy of FortiClient, which is totally ridiculous.

I had no idea that I needed to remove FortiClient before I get fired.

It's been a year since I was fired.  Please could you provide an easy solution to remove:

Forticlient 6.0.9.0277

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors