Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Caeruleus
New Contributor II

Unable to Access 192.168.1.99 after factory reset

I have a new Fortigate 60F that I am setting up. I upgraded the firmware to 7.2.1 and then used the web GUI to restore factory settings to give me a fresh base to work from. 

After the factory reset, I can see that the 60F is acting as a DHCP on the network, but I have been unable to ping it or access the web GUI to set it up. I don’t have a console cable and it may be difficult for me to get one as I am in a somewhat remote area.

Does anyone have any thoughts on what could be causing this behaviour and/or how it could be resolved? Any assistance greatly appreciated.

2 Solutions
Caeruleus
New Contributor II

Thanks for replying @gfleming. Have just resolved the issue as below.

Was able to connect to have multiple devices receive IPs from the DHCP and none were able to connect to the web-GUI despite trying in multiple browsers.

I was connected via a bridged Wifi connection due to MacBook not having an ethernet port, which may have been the issue but I have no way to confirm now.

I have now managed to get access to the device by using FortiExplorer on my iPhone and connecting to the device via my charging cable in the USB port. Once I got in on the iPhone and changed the subnet configuration everything on the network came to life and I am now able to access via the web-GUI. Literally 8 hours from my office out in the mountains, so really glad this has been solved. Hopefully saves someone else who left civilisation without the proper gear in the future :)

View solution in original post

Caeruleus
New Contributor II

@sllu I ended up solving the problem (at least a work around) by reallocating one of the LAN network ports as the WAN port. Works fine now and not using the original WAN port. Still no idea why the marked WAN port didn't work.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
gfleming
Staff
Staff

Some obvious questions... have you tried some things like using a different browser or a private browsing tab to rule out caches or weird browser issues?

Do you see the 192.168.1.99 IP in the ARP table?

Have you tried a different device?

Are you directly connected to the FortiGate?

Cheers,
Graham
Caeruleus
New Contributor II

Thanks for replying @gfleming. Have just resolved the issue as below.

Was able to connect to have multiple devices receive IPs from the DHCP and none were able to connect to the web-GUI despite trying in multiple browsers.

I was connected via a bridged Wifi connection due to MacBook not having an ethernet port, which may have been the issue but I have no way to confirm now.

I have now managed to get access to the device by using FortiExplorer on my iPhone and connecting to the device via my charging cable in the USB port. Once I got in on the iPhone and changed the subnet configuration everything on the network came to life and I am now able to access via the web-GUI. Literally 8 hours from my office out in the mountains, so really glad this has been solved. Hopefully saves someone else who left civilisation without the proper gear in the future :)

sllu
New Contributor

I have the same issue. We are an educational institution and don't have tech support contract. I tried so many ways to connect via web interface to our 60F without any success. I can ping 192.168.1.99, though. Very strange! Any other suggestions? I found these low end Firewall gates not very friendly!

Caeruleus
New Contributor II

@sllu I ended up solving the problem (at least a work around) by reallocating one of the LAN network ports as the WAN port. Works fine now and not using the original WAN port. Still no idea why the marked WAN port didn't work.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors