Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
ciscokid1903
New Contributor

Troubleshooting VDSL connections on Fortiwifi 60E DSL

I am looking for some assistance troubleshooting VDSL connections on the DSL models.

We have a FW60E with a VDSL connection that in the most part is stable, however the connection seems to drop once or twice in the evening from 9pm - 2am.

From the system logs in the GUI. I can see it dropping, trying a few times to reconnect then eventually connecting but I am looking for some help with running specific debugs to see if I can determine exactly why it is dropping, why it takes up to 10 minutes to reconnect, but then seems fine for hours. 

Does anyone have any specific CLI debug commands that I could leave running to gather more information?

I've attached the download from the GUI of the ppp events.

2 REPLIES 2
sw2090
Honored Contributor

maybe

diag debung ena

diag debug pppoe -1

diag debug pppoed -1

might provide some more info?

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
ciscokid1903

Thanks, I have managed to get some logs using the details in the KB doc:

https://kb.fortinet.com/kb/documentLink.do?externalID=FD40806

diagnose debug application dsl 255 diagnose debug application ppp 255 diagnose debug application pppoed 255 diagnose debug console timestamp enable diagnose debug duration 1500 diagnose debug enable

Seems that for some reason every so often the LCP echo requests are sent but none return. BT Claim they are sending them back (which i tend to believe as i am never having this issue if i test with another VDSL router/modem)

This seems to be less frequent on older 6.2.3 code, it was bad on 6.4.2 and even worse on 6.4.1. 

Has anyone got a stable code version that they use with BT VDSL in the UK?

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors