Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
kostasgush1
New Contributor

Transition from analog PBX to Fortivoice

Hello,

I currently use an analog PBX. I have a PSTN connection to the router, and from the router the PBX is connected to the phone port. I currently have 6 VoIP lines for my PBX and all of them go through this route to the analog PBX. I want to transition to Fortivoice, and I am thinking of getting the Fortivoice 100E. The thing is that this model does not have any FXO ports to connect the analog line to it. Since the lines are VoIP, will it be possible to connect through ethernet from my router to the Fortivoice and have telephony like this?

Thanks a lot in advance.

1 Solution
melshehaby
Staff
Staff

Hello @kostasgush1 

Thank you for contacting us.

As I understood, the original PSTN lines are VOIP and the router is converting them to Analog FXS ports to connect with your Analog PBX in FXO ports.

If you have Fortivoice so in this case you don't even need the router, you can configure the VOIP trunks directly with SIP protocol in Fortivoice and connect the Ethernet cable of the router in it.

You can contact your provider and ask him to provide you with the VOIP SIP trunk configuration and network details to configure it directly in Fortivoice.

Please feel free to ask if you have more questions or if you need more clarifications

Regards

Mohamed Elshehaby

Mohamed Elshehaby

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @kostasgush1 ,

Welcome to Fortinet community and Thank you for your post. Hopefully, you've been keeping safe and doing well!

We see you have some questions related to the Fortivoice. We will have this looked and will reach you back as soon as possible.

You should receive an update from one of the team member soon. Thanks for your patience on this.

Regards
melshehaby
Staff
Staff

Hello @kostasgush1 

Thank you for contacting us.

As I understood, the original PSTN lines are VOIP and the router is converting them to Analog FXS ports to connect with your Analog PBX in FXO ports.

If you have Fortivoice so in this case you don't even need the router, you can configure the VOIP trunks directly with SIP protocol in Fortivoice and connect the Ethernet cable of the router in it.

You can contact your provider and ask him to provide you with the VOIP SIP trunk configuration and network details to configure it directly in Fortivoice.

Please feel free to ask if you have more questions or if you need more clarifications

Regards

Mohamed Elshehaby

Mohamed Elshehaby
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors