Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
hamdi_kadri
New Contributor

Traffic shapers limit in a FortiGate

I am using multiple Fortigates of different models at work. In my 501E (FortiOS 6.4.7) I am deploying about 80 traffic shapers to manage my traffic, but on a newly acquired 100F (FortiOS 7.0.0) I can't manage to create more than 30 shapers. 

My Question is :

- Is there a relationship between the model or FortiOS version to the number of shapers allowed ?

- Is there a way to create more shapers apart from creating a new VDOM ?

Hamdi KADRI
Hamdi KADRI
2 Solutions
Cole_P
Staff
Staff

Hi Hamdi

Its model specific, for example

FGT 501E on v6.4.7, the max entry of firewall.sharper.traffic-shaper per VDOM is 500

FGT 501E on v7.0.0, the max entry of firewall.sharper.traffic-shaper per VDOM is 500

FGT 101F on v6.4.7, the max entry of firewall.sharper.traffic-shaper per VDOM is 32

FGT 101F on v7.0.0, the max entry of firewall.sharper.traffic-shaper per VDOM is 32

Regards,

Cole

[FirstName] [JobTitle]

View solution in original post

sss
Staff
Staff

You can get the values in FortiGate itself using the command.

# print tablesize

Or here in the documentation.

https://docs.fortinet.com/max-value-table

Best Regards,

SSS

Best Regards,
Siva

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Cole_P
Staff
Staff

Hi Hamdi

Its model specific, for example

FGT 501E on v6.4.7, the max entry of firewall.sharper.traffic-shaper per VDOM is 500

FGT 501E on v7.0.0, the max entry of firewall.sharper.traffic-shaper per VDOM is 500

FGT 101F on v6.4.7, the max entry of firewall.sharper.traffic-shaper per VDOM is 32

FGT 101F on v7.0.0, the max entry of firewall.sharper.traffic-shaper per VDOM is 32

Regards,

Cole

[FirstName] [JobTitle]
hamdi_kadri

Thanks Cole. Where do I get this information ? I think I will be upgrading my firewalls soon.

Hamdi KADRI
Hamdi KADRI
sss
Staff
Staff

You can get the values in FortiGate itself using the command.

# print tablesize

Or here in the documentation.

https://docs.fortinet.com/max-value-table

Best Regards,

SSS

Best Regards,
Siva
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors