Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
danto
New Contributor

Traffic dropped inter vlan interface same "physical" interface Forrtigate VM

Hi,

I am experiencing traffic loss from the interfaces (vlan subinterfaces) .

For example I have Interface vlan3333 and vlan 3334 in the same parent interface (port8) in Fortigate VM. As soon as traffic flows from vlan3333 to vlan3334 I am encountering packet loss. The physical interface (port8) also drops packets, it's like the whole interface is affected by this.

I've changed the vlans, I've chenged the parrent interface,  I even downgraded from 5.4.1 to 5.2.2.

What is happening? I've never encountered this with a physical box

There is no patch for human stupidity...
4 REPLIES 4
Nils
Contributor II

Have you verified that the speed on the interface is correct?

What equipment do you have on the other side?

danto
New Contributor

The speed on the interface is auto, and you cannot change it. It is negociated at 10 Gbps, is virtual.

The VM is on a UCS server

MikePruett
Valued Contributor

Silly question but you do have policy in place to allow traffic to flow from one vlan to the other correct?

Mike Pruett Fortinet GURU | Fortinet Training Videos
danto

Yes,

Traffic is flowing, it is just dropping traffic, packet loss. 

Reply from 10.101.0.14: bytes=32 time=3ms TTL=59 Reply from 10.101.0.14: bytes=32 time=3ms TTL=59 Request timed out. Request timed out. Request timed out. Reply from 10.101.0.14: bytes=32 time=1ms TTL=59 Reply from 10.101.0.14: bytes=32 time=2ms TTL=59

It is like it cannot handle the traffic, and right now there isn't much, just a couple of pings.

If I move the Vlan interface from one port to another on Fortigate, traffic works just fine.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors