Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
troberts
Staff
Staff

Super excited about this new Community / Self-Service Knowledge Center

It has been nearly a year in the works to launch our shiny new Community and AI Powered Knowledge Center. The Community Team at Fortinet has labored diligently to launch this new state of the art platform to provide Customers, Partners, Employees and Industry Experts a place to seek answers, ask questions, and share knowledge with like minded peers. 

As we further work to train, enhance, and refine the available content to be relevant and simple to find, we encourage active participation and feedback. The AI engines in the platform realize their full potential through active searches, ingesting new data, and through trending and reuse of knowledge articles and data in the platform.

We look forward to daily enhancements to content and data as well as seeing the participation level and successful delivery of answers and reference materials grow exponentially.

Great job Community Team, and congratulations on the launch!

We welcome all to come and participate.

Troy Roberts

Vice President Customer Success - North America

Global Vice President - Professional & Security Services
7 REPLIES 7
jrendle
Staff
Staff

Great job to the Fortinet Communities team! I really look forward to seeing our customers and partners on this new platform in the the coming weeks!

sw2090
Honored Contributor

I miss the structure that was there in the "old" Forums. Made things a bit easier.

Also the new community locks out all the users that don't have a support contract as you now need a FortiNet Account to be able to post.

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
Kate_M
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi sw2090, thanks for your feedback! We'd love to hear about what aspects of Forum structure you 'd like to see - we are always evolving to make the community as helpful as it can be. 

We are indeed using FortiCloud accounts for community signup, however a support contract is not a prerequisite for a FortiCloud account. 

Kate McMillan
J__Hoffmann

First of all, the new forum / kb looks great, has modern features and fast. Thumbs Up! 

I too miss some kind of product filter or the forum's structure we all were used to. It's interesting to hear / read something related to FortiClient (for example), but I'm mainly interested in all FortiGate posts and like to have direct access to _that_ posts. 

Update: just saw the label thing on the right hand side. It's not optimal, but I guess it'll work if labes are used consequently.

Principal IT Consultant (NSE7) at AppSphere AG, Germany
Principal IT Consultant (NSE7) at AppSphere AG, Germany
sw2090
Honored Contributor

oh ok didn't know about FortiCloud accounts as we don't use it.

I meant the structure as it was there on forum.fortinet.com. It made it easier to see things as you could choose only topics around FortiGate or UTM or FMG or...

Here currently I can only choose between solved/unsolved/recent... which is much less.

Thus I like the fact that you now only need one acc for all. With the old forums.fortinet.com you needed a forum acc too. This definitely to me is a positive thing :)

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
Kate_M
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm glad that bringing everything into one place with one account is helpful!

The community platform is learning all the time, so we will add further structure to the forums in the coming weeks. Thank you!

Kate McMillan
AlexC-FTNT
Staff
Staff

It looks good, but most importantly, moves faster! Kudos!

- Toss a 'Like' to your fixxer, oh Valley of Plenty! and chose the solution, too00oo -
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors