Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
king_lau
New Contributor

Specific website exclusion of gambling list

HKJC is very common gambling website in Hong Kong.

I would like to use fortigate gambling web filter but i want to exclude HKJC website.

What can be done about it?

Thanks

12 REPLIES 12
mauromosc
New Contributor

Hi, King_lau.

You can try manually override this domain from your Web Filter Profile.

Check this doc:https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortigate/6.4.2/administration-guide/122974/web-rating-override

Regards,

Mauro.

danyal_hassan
New Contributor

You should try web rating overrides option and change the category of this particular website as custom

Xesered
New Contributor

Do you already have a fortigate gambling web filter installed?

Debbie_FTNT
Staff
Staff

When creating a webfilter and blocking gambling, you can also add the website/domain in question to the URL filter at the bottom and set action allow/exempt; the URL filter within a webfilter profile takes precedence over the broader categories, no need to manually override the webfilter category for the website

+++ Divide by Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe and Reboot +++
Radagask
New Contributor

One way to exclude HKJC website from fortigate gambling web filter is to add it to the whitelist, which allows access to specific websites that are blocked by the filter.

rtichkule
Staff
Staff

Hello,

You can refer below document for configuring the static URL filter.
Technical Tip: Using a static URL filter feature t... - Fortinet Community

You can add the entry as a Simple/Regular/Wildcard with the action Exempt in order to override the blocked category.

parteeksharma

Hi king_lau,

To allow or block website manually, you can use static url filter. Kindly check below link to allow/block website manually based on your requirement:

https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Technical-Tip-Using-a-static-URL-filter-feature-to-allow...

Regards,
Parteek

DulceLarsen
New Contributor

It's great to see your post about the specific website exclusion for gambling. As someone who is relatively new to gambling, I find it fascinating to learn about different strategies and tools people use to enhance their experience.

Radagask
New Contributor

I find the topic of web filtering and gambling sites quite intriguing and interesting to explore. Tech solutions and smart choices – that's what it's all about. Whether it's tweaking web filters or placing bets, let's enjoy the journey while keeping things balanced.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors