Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Jan_Scholten
Contributor

Sending a test alertmail

I' d like to generate a alertmail, to see whether it is working. I created an smtp server configured an alert mail. In the past i could test-connectivity in release 5 i can' t find a gui option and also could not figure out a cli command. any hints?
1 Solution
JavBsd
New Contributor II

Hello Guys, I had the same problem in FortiOS 5.0.7. However via CLI you can test the email server with the following command: # diagnose log alertmail test and then check your email. I hope it be helpful Greetings. Jav.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
billp
Contributor

I searched for this feature, too, and couldn' t locate anything. I am not sure why it was removed. Under " Send alert email for the following" under Log & Report, I selected " Administrator login/logout" so I could force a log message.

Bill ========== Fortigate 600C 5.0.12, 111C 5.0.2 Logstash 1.4.1

Bill ========== Fortigate 600C 5.0.12, 111C 5.0.2 Logstash 1.4.1
JavBsd
New Contributor II

Hello Guys, I had the same problem in FortiOS 5.0.7. However via CLI you can test the email server with the following command: # diagnose log alertmail test and then check your email. I hope it be helpful Greetings. Jav.
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

You can test the SMTP alert email by using the cli 

#cli

" diagnose log alertmail test"

just do a packet sniffer on the interface that's expected for the mail relay.

diag sniffer packet wan1 "host yoursmtp.gateway.com"

NOTE: place address of yoursmtp.gateway.com 

Ken Felix

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors