Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Camshaft007
New Contributor

Security Profile Groups

So, I' ve read about the use of " Profile Groups" and I' m seriously considering using them. However for some reason or another, I can' t figure out how to enable " Profile Groups" in the GUI. I initially thought to enable them via the ' config system global set gui-profile-group' command or something to that effect, however it was to no avail. Can anyone help me out with this? I was going to post this under the UTM section, but didn' t find an appropriate topic for it. Thanks in advance.

" The Linux philosophy is ' Laugh in the face of danger' . Oops. Wrong One. ' Do it yourself' . Yes, that' s it." - Linus Torvalds

" The Linux philosophy is ' Laugh in the face of danger' . Oops. Wrong One. ' Do it yourself' . Yes, that' s it." - Linus Torvalds
1 Solution
Istvan_Takacs_FTNT

OK, here you go: # config sys global # set gui-dynamic-profile-display enable # end And the option all the sudden is now available under " Security Profiles" -> " Profile Groups"

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Istvan_Takacs_FTNT

Looks like a bug to me. The documentation clearly points at the place in the web UI to create such profile, but it' s missing on both of my 5.0.7 and 5.2 hosts. The good news is, that you can at least still do it via the CLI.
Istvan_Takacs_FTNT

OK, here you go: # config sys global # set gui-dynamic-profile-display enable # end And the option all the sudden is now available under " Security Profiles" -> " Profile Groups"
ede_pfau
Esteemed Contributor III

This is documented somewhere (maybe in the RN). You have to create a profile group first in CLI, then it' s available in the GUI as well. I am actually using it on a 200B running 4.3.15. As soon as you specify it in the CLI you get the option in the GUI. BTW, the FortiOS Handbook for v4 states that profile groups were unavailable in this release. They are not unavailable.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Camshaft007
New Contributor

Istvan Takacs!! Nailed it. I can' t tell you how long I considered that command. Thanks for help on this everyone!

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors