Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
barsaar
New Contributor

Same LAN - different routing

Hello guys,

I am having a problem with at least 2 Forti's (with the same version) that part of subnet 192.168.15.0/24 is routing to WAN1

and some to LAN2 (which is my LTE redundency). WAN2 is a different thing and is not belong to this situation. Therefore my questions are:

1. Without any static route, policy route how can part of the lan go thru WAN1 and part thru LTE?

2. How to fix it?

3. I saw it while I checked my IP thru each connection, how can I see it within the Forti.

1 REPLY 1
Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

Your condition No.1 makes it impossible. Your FGT needs to differentiate traffic somehow and route it differently to WAN1 or LAN2. Policy route is the tool to do that based on the sources and other factors other than destinations, which is used for regular routing.

Besides, you seem to want to use LAN2 as a backup/failover in case WAN1 connection dies. Once you started using policy routes to split the traffic, a failover souldn't work any more.

You need to consider over those limitations and constraints, and adjust your goals accordingly.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors