Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
yogender
New Contributor

SSL VPN webmode working but VPN client not working

Hi,

I am new to fortigate environment.

I have configured the SSL-VPN & able to log-in to web-mode & can ping & use RDP etc thru web, but when i am connecting via client its not working & my internet connection also going down. 

Any idea or understood my problem?

1 Solution
simonorch
Contributor

Hi

You don't give specific details or tell us what troubleshooting steps you've tried but guessing a little from what you've written it sounds like you're missing some configuration steps.

If the ssl vpn tunnel is connecting, but you lose internet connectivity, my first thought is that you're not using split-tunneling and don't have the correct firewall policies for that, it also makes me think you're missing the correct firewall policies and\or routing for access to your internal network. Another possibility is subnet overlap.

Try reviewing the configuration guide and see if you've missed something.

[link]http://docs.fortinet.com/d/fortigate-ssl-vpn-3[/link]

NSE8 Fortinet Expert partner - Norway

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
simonorch
Contributor

Hi

You don't give specific details or tell us what troubleshooting steps you've tried but guessing a little from what you've written it sounds like you're missing some configuration steps.

If the ssl vpn tunnel is connecting, but you lose internet connectivity, my first thought is that you're not using split-tunneling and don't have the correct firewall policies for that, it also makes me think you're missing the correct firewall policies and\or routing for access to your internal network. Another possibility is subnet overlap.

Try reviewing the configuration guide and see if you've missed something.

[link]http://docs.fortinet.com/d/fortigate-ssl-vpn-3[/link]

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors