Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Not applicable

SSH problems

Fortigate-60 3.00,build0318,060630 I have been backing up the config of this device for a while ssh->tftp, now all of a sudden I can no longer ssh to login to the device. I can still get in via http and telnet (which we normally keep disabled). This is the response I get when attemtping to login. No difference even after clearing the key from my known_hosts file. ssh_exchange_identification: Connection closed by remote host Any thoughts other than rebooting? Anything I can check via the CLI?
4 REPLIES 4
abelio
Valued Contributor

ssh_exchange_identification: Connection closed by remote host
That' s message happens when the client has no right to connect to an ssh server due to policies configured at ssh server. Re-check your " trusted-hosts" in admin settings to see if it match your current IP location

regards

/ Abel

regards / Abel
Not applicable

I can still browse and telnet to it therefore my IP is a trusted and always has been a " trusted host" . We have several of these devices that are experiencing the same issues after working fine for a period of time. I did hear from support and it' s a known bug that' s supposedly fixed in MR3.
Skanwar
New Contributor

I am having similar issue, I am trying to run python netmiko script where I need to log into secondary device using execute ha manage command but its throwing me same ssh key exchange error!!! Can anyone help if you guys might have come across same issue

kbajracharya
New Contributor

Any update on this one ?

I am having exact same issue. Suddenly started getting "Connection Reset by peer" messages.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors