Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Bigred38
New Contributor

SNMP problem

Hello I have 2 fortinet 101E in high availability.

I try to do snmp on my 2 fortinet to know their state.

HA IP: XX.XX.30.10

IP forti 1: XX.XX.31.1

IP forti 2: XX.XX.31.2

First problem, the name of the forti for the snmp is the same.

If I go to snmp from my poller on the ip XX.XX.30.10 it works.

My poller has a virtual ip in XX.XX.31.10, but when I want to do an snmpwal on IP XX.XX.31.1 I have a timeout.

I followed this: here 

When I do this:

• diagnostic test application snmpd 99

My value of

• snmpd:set mac_host_timeout is 0

Here is my setup:

config system snmp community edit 1 set name "public" config hosts edit 1 setip 10.240.31.10 255.255.0.0 next end set query-v1-status disable set trap-v1-status disable set events cpu-high mem-low log-full intf-ip vpn-tun-up vpn-tun-down ha-switch ha-hb-failure ips-signature ips-anomaly av-virus av-oversize av-pattern av-fragmented bgp-established bgp-backward-transition ha-member-up ha-member-down ent-conf-change av-conserve av-bypass av-oversize-passed av-oversize-blocked ips-pkg-update ips-fail-open faz -disconnect wc-ap-up wc-ap-down fswctl-session-up fswctl-session-down next end

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @Bigred38 ,

Thank you for using the Community Forum.

I will seek to get you an answer or help. We will reply to this thread with an update as soon as possible.

Regards,

Fortinet Community Team.
Muhammad_Haiqal

Hi @Bigred38 ,

By default, you only can monitor active unit only. Either Unit1 or Unit2.
If you need to monitor both unit, this required "ha-direct" to be enabled. 

This reference will be helpful: https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Technical-Tip-FortiGate-SNMP-polling-via-the-dedicated-H...

Hope that helps.

haiqal
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors